Land and Planning Director
The Planning Manager will sit within the Land Team and play a central role in the management of the company land portfolio.
The Land Team manages the Company’s forward operational interests, ranging from the acquisition of consented immediate land opportunities to the identification of longer term strategic land promotions. In this role the Land Team is responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing a range of sites for residential development, on the most cost-effective basis; a key component of this approach is the implementation of effective planning strategy to unlock opportunities and add value where possible.
We are looking for an engaging and self-motivated team player who is able to work under their own initiative to meet deadlines to achieve results. Your planning knowledge makes you skilled in identifying new opportunities and you are capable of managing consultant teams to deliver planning applications from inception to planning approval.
- Planning Appraisal – Undertake planning appraisals of all potential development sites, making recommendations on the prospects of achieving planning permission and the most appropriate strategy for doing so.
- Planning Management – Work in partnership with Land and Technical colleagues to project manage the planning process. Operate as project lead to identify planning strategy and programme, coordinate consultant teams, attend meetings with key stakeholders and review submission material for accuracy.
- Planning Procedure – Manage the forward land bank and ensure it is effectively promoted through the planning system with relevant Local Authorities in order to achieve appropriate planning consent. Managing land schedules and options schedules, forecast the contribution from the forward land bank in terms of units and timescale and provide updates to the team at regular planning meetings. Ensure appropriate authority is obtained for forward land acquisition and agree fees, liaise with solicitors and other internal departments (Technical and Accounts) to ensure correct acquisition procedures are followed. Ensure an up to date and efficient database is maintained to assist in the implementation of current and forward land policies in the Company.
- Land Acquisition – Determine the appropriate method of acquisition and manage the planning representation procedure to ensure it is carried out effectively. Purchase of forward land sites when options are exercised. Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the Company’s geographical area, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
- Meetings – Prepare papers for inclusion in company board packs, update the board and management team on potential forward land acquisitions; also advise on general planning matters and inform of relevant changes in National and Local policies along with their implications and advise of any likely impact of such changes; and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of the business. Attend Management meetings and Land/Planning meetings and keep the management team fully informed of issues and progress.
We would welcome a new team member to join us and become involved in a range of work to continued success of the department and the company.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Sound planning technical knowledge – MRTPI status preferable.
- Suitable candidates will have a minimum of five years’ experience working for a residential developer or multi-disciplinary consultancy and a full understanding of the Local Plan and Development Management planning process.
- An established contact base in Essex, Hertfordshire & South Cambs in respect of Local Authorities, agents, landowners and consultants.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to analyse data and policy to support Stonebond team members and review planning submission information.
- Full and clean driving licence required.
Please contact the following regarding any queries:
Land and Planning Director
As a result of our recent success we have secured large additional funding from our shareholders. Stonebond Properties are looking to expand our operation with this increased funding and need to grow our team both internally within our office and externally across our many forthcoming developments.
Stonebond Properties is a privately owned company with a friendly progressive atmosphere. We put a great deal of care and attention into every development we deliver with a continuous goal of being the best.
If you would like to be a part of our team, have a look through the list of vacancies above and please send through your CV for consideration.
APPLY FOR YOUR FUTURE
Please apply for our current career opportunities using the simple & secure form below. We review ALL applications and will respond as soon as possible.
For all other enquiries, please use our simple & secure online contact form.
Whatever you would like to know about Property, Land or a Career with us,
we are confident our team at Stonebond Properties will have the answer.